You said things I wanted to hear...
And then we got stoned, and now I don't know.
I don't know I don't know I don't know.
I looked over at you,
you looked like someone else.
I'm confused how I dive
into calm waters that are actually so deep blue and black
the tide swirls slowly,
then faster, creating an underwater tornado.
Didn't I want to swim? Get my feet wet?
and now that it's here, I'm wishing I was still stranded on the beach,
looking for you, out there on the horizon.
All these plans we're making...
Do you mean to follow through with them?
Do I want you to?
The truth is, my heart isn't ready to love again.
It doesn't want to love again.
It'd rather stay in the ambiguity because even though it isn't on,
it sure as hell is safer.
When we should be cuddling, you're pushing.
You're playing rough, and turning the hot air between us stale.
It blows everything you said to me out of the water.
I'm more sensitive than I let on, especially when stoned.
I warned you, getting stoned would be the end all or be all.
It's all or nothing.
But perhaps I'll keep repeating my patterns. I'll keep you around, even though I say I don't know.
Is that mean to you, or to me?
How can someone so sweet also be so bitter?
No comments:
Post a Comment