Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Vampire Weekend

The music.
It made me feel empowered. I felt euphoric on my own.
I finally knew it.

You can stay, you can leave.
It's up to you...I don't have time or patience for cat chases mouse.
You're with me or you're not.

Your move. Whatever you pick is cool with me.

If you want to disappear, do it.
I won't stop you, or pine.
I'll be the same as before,
Probably better.

Really. Don't mistake me for the girl I used to be.
That girl's gone, and I'm in her stay.
If you want a girl to cater to you and crown you her king,
you best find a bumblebee to your paper flower,
cause I make sweeter nectar all by lonesome.

This is probably goodbye.
It's better I think of it that way anyways.
It was fun talking in accents for two weeks,
and playing pretend...
But we broke that spell last night.
Now it's real. Our magic's been sapped out

Goodluck!
I loved you.
Even if it was just for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment