Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Everything's Changed, Nothing's Changed.

Being depended on is exhausting.
To be a good friend, you must be understanding, forgiving.
You need to truly believe in unconditional love - and continue to give it even when their negativity and petty worries overspill into your coffee cup, destroying your perfect ratio of

milk: coffee: sugar

It's difficult to understand why someone so close to you can be so different.

I watch you - on your phone and not talking to anyone around you.
Who are you talking to that you'd rather be messaging instead of participating in life that is NOW.
I don't understand you...You came all the way to down 2 beers, do some texting...
and then go home.

Is it that your rude? Or are you merely ignorant and unknowing of your offensive actions.
As your friend, or maybe irrational lover, I look past these and force myself to see the sweet goldmund that laughs when I pester and tickle you.
I'm trying to get to know the real you...But like before, you have a brick wall between yourself and the rest of your brothers and sisters.
You speak of everyday being an adventure, and of your new positive outlooks...
But to me, you're the same.
Perhaps it's my impatience...
Maybe you deserve more waiting.

All there is to do with you is wait...and hope that you'll present yourself sometime soon.
I want to know YOU, not just your soft lips, and childish giggle.
But...That's not my choice.
It's yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment